Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Hudson Ken Hudson is offline

Default Test for Decimal

Thanks, Nigel.
I believe the correct expression for your side of the pond is "that works a
treat."
--
Ken Hudson

"Nigel" wrote:

I would take the integer value subtract from the original.

With Range("A1")
If .Value - Int(.Value) = 0 And .Value Mod 51 = 0 Then
'more code
End If
End With

Nigel

"Ken Hudson" wrote in message
In a section of code I am using the MOD function to test for cases where a
given number is a multiple of 51.

If Range("A1") MOD 51 = 0 then
....more code

In cell A1 I have 203.52. The function is returning true because the
203.52
is rounded up to 204 as part of the MOD test. I don't want to apply code
A1l and need to test for the decimal before I use the MOD function, I
think.

If Range("A1") < "decimal" then
If Range("A1") MOD 51 = 0 then
...more code

Is this the logic I need and how do I test for the decimal?

Thanks.

--
Ken Hudson