Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim at Eagle Jim at Eagle is offline

Default .Find cell within rng when font color=3

Thanks for your help got this and no errors.
Sub FindColor()
With Application.FindFormat.Font
.ColorIndex = 3
End With
End Sub
But: I need to limit the search to a range of cells and retrieve and store
the find in a variable.
--
Jim at Eagle

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

What version of excel are you using?

xl2002 (IIRC) has the ability to search for formats.

If you're using a newer version of excel, you can record a macro when you do the
edit|Find manually.

If you're using an older version of excel, I think you'll be looping.

Jim at Eagle wrote:

I have a loop that looks at each cell and if color is 3 then place cell value
in variable. I need to speed up the process. There is only one cell that
meets the criteria just hate look at all cells.
Tried many ways nothing working. Please help.
--
Jim at Eagle

--

Dave Peterson