Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default SQL Select string

szSQL = "SELECT * FROM [" & SourceSheet$ & "$" & SourceRange$ & "] " & _
"WHERE LastName = '" & myName & "' AND KeyCode = '" & myCode
& "';"

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Geoff" wrote in message
Hi
I use ADO to get the first row of data from multiple unopened wbooks.
This string gets the contents of every cell in row 1 given that
SourceSheet
= "Sheet1" and SourceRange = "A1:IV1"

szSQL = "SELECT * FROM [" & SourceSheet$ & "$" & SourceRange$ & "];"

Instead of all the row how can I write a string to result in specific
names
eg Last Name, Keycode, Company etc?

T.I.A.

Geoff