Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default A good use for an Object Stack?

Have been using the treeview a lot and not found any problem sofar.
What bugs did you have in mind?

RBS

"Adrian C" wrote in message
wrote:
Hello, I've done a bit of searching for how and why to use stacks and
I think I've got a good candidate. But I don't have any experience
creating stacks yet and I'd like to make sure I'm headed in the right
direction. I'll be using a stack as a data storage structure.

Look at XML and the use of the DOM, which is data collected in memory as a
stacked heirarchy of Objects. Easy interchange between text and objects!
You are on the way to re-inventing the wheel otherwise.

Also, "bill of materials" is the key term for what you are solving. Lots
of solutions out there.

The treeview control is a nice tool for travelling between nodes but
expect some hair-pulling bugs.

--
Adrian C