Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Mark is offline

Default chart from pivot data, and sheet data?

Another thing I thought of since the post would be to use =GETPIVOTDATA()
formulas to summarize the pivot's current selected data...

You could, but it's an extra layer.

Yeah, I see that now. I had thought of it before I saw your info that you
can just add Pivot data directly to a chart.

I went ahead and did the first part of your suggestion last night... put the
pivoted data into the chart, piece by piece.

It's not my data, and I'm a little unclear as to the source of the capacity
data to be charted against it... have a question into the data owner on that,
now.

I think it will just be one dimension of the Pivot that is changing...
there's one column field in it, and they would be selecting different ones of
them.

The row fields are year and month in one, and week in another... those might
be different.

But I think I'm ready to tackle creating the dynamic formula that tracks how
many columns are currently visible in the pivot table, to be used in the
definition of the SERIES in the chart.

Thanks for your help, Jon. I've looked through your website before, and
know the type of thing you can do. I've put your idea on clustered stacked
bar charts (by creatively charting blank space, essentially), to use a couple
of times.

thanks.