Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Need to find all 9-digit numbers

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:48:21 -0800 (PST), wrote:

In a single column, I need to be able to find all nine-digit numbers.
All the numbers are different, but they all have nine digits. It seems
like I could do this in Word, but I can't figure out how to do it in
Excel.

Thanks!

Typing FIND into the help bar and select Find text or numbers.

You can use wildcard characters so you would type ????????? (9 ?'s) into the
Find What box; and also select <match entire cell contents under Options.

--ron