Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default 2003 - 2000 incompatability

if it's just sort routine causing problems then you could test for excel
version - something like:(not tested)

With Selection
If Val(Application.Version) < 11 Then
.Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), _
Order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes, _
MatchCase:=False, _
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Else
.Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), _
Order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes, _
OrderCustom:=1, _
MatchCase:=False, _
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
End If
End With
However, if more than this then follow Peter T suggestion.
--
JB

"Peter T" wrote:

Remove arguments OrderCustom:=1 and DataOption1:=xlSortNormal which are n/a
in XL2000.

If required, you can make version specific functions by placing the code
that won't be recognized in say XL2000 in a module that will only contain
procedures that will be called in later versions.

Regards,
Peter T

"Dale Fye" wrote in message
I've got an Excel application that was written in 2003. Now I find out I
have a user that is still using 2000, and at least one segment of my 2003
code is not working. I have a routine that selects a worksheet, and sorts

it
by a particular field. When this user runs this code, it bomb on the last
line of the code provided below.

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), _
Order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes, _
OrderCustom:=1, _
MatchCase:=False, _
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

I don't know whether this is because Excel 9.0 is not recognizing the
DataOption1 or the xlSortNormal, or something else in the Sort method.

Would
greatly appreciate if someone could provide the correct code to run this

in
Excel 9.0.

Thanks.
--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.