Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default 2003 - 2000 incompatability

DataOption# was added in xl2002. Remove that line (and the preceding line
continuation characers) and it should work in xl2k.

Dale Fye wrote:

I've got an Excel application that was written in 2003. Now I find out I
have a user that is still using 2000, and at least one segment of my 2003
code is not working. I have a routine that selects a worksheet, and sorts it
by a particular field. When this user runs this code, it bomb on the last
line of the code provided below.

Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), _
Order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes, _
OrderCustom:=1, _
MatchCase:=False, _
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

I don't know whether this is because Excel 9.0 is not recognizing the
DataOption1 or the xlSortNormal, or something else in the Sort method. Would
greatly appreciate if someone could provide the correct code to run this in
Excel 9.0.

Thanks.
--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.

--

Dave Peterson