Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Ivey[_2_] Mark Ivey[_2_] is offline

Default Loop macro error

I might be able to help, but you need more to your code to prevent an
endless loop.

For starters... to get you out of error mode, here is the fixes for what you
have posted.

Range("7:7").Select 'Set range to start point
Do
While ActiveCell.Value < ""
With Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 35
End With ' to end the With loop
ActiveRange.Offset(6, 0).Select
Wend ' to end the While loop
Loop

.... but this creates an endless loop. You need something inside your WHILE
loop to offset this endless state. What exactly are you trying to
accomplish? Do you want all rows on each sheet to color 35? Or do you want
just row 7 on each sheet to color 35? Please explain in further detail.

Mark Ivey

"Kirsty" wrote in message

I am trying to write a macro that will loop through my spreadsheet until
there is no more data. I want it to start at row 7, then colour the row
(or
just cells A to AD) to colour 35. I have written the macro below, however
am
coming up with an error that states there is no Do when trying to run it.

Can anyone help?

Range("7:7").Select 'Set range to start point
Do While ActiveCell.Value < ""
With Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = 35
ActiveRange.Offset(6, 0).Select
Loop