Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default runtime error 13 - type mismatch error in Excel 97 on Citrix

I've never use Citrix.

What's in the cell that causes the error?

How did you change the code?

Kevin Maher wrote:

Thanks Dave, I tried that but it still gave the error on the same line.

It's weird how it spits the dummy when run on the network, but works fine
when run on my desktop machine. It becomes picky for no apparent reason.

I should also point out that the exact same data file is being used on both
occasions - one copy on my machine, the other on the network. Both times the
spreadsheet and data file are in the same folder.

Kevin

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If there is an error in the cell, you can get that message.

if iserror(activecell.value) then
'skip it???
else
If ActiveCell.Value = 0 Then <<--- this line
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
Else
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End If
end if

Kevin Maher wrote:

Hi

I'm getting a "runtime error 13 - type mismatch" error when running a macro
in a spreadsheet on the company network (accessed via Citrix) at the company
I work for. The line causing the error is identified below:

Range("L1").Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""
If ActiveCell.Value = 0 Then <<--- this line
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
Else
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
End If
Loop

There is more code than this, so can supply that if required.

Citrix may be the cause of the problem because the exact same code works
fine when I open the spreadsheet on my desktop pc (using Excel 2000).

Could someone please explain to me what the problem could be, and how it
could be fixed?

Thanks and regards

Kevin Maher

--