Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rafi Rafi is offline

Default Use AutoFilter

Bob,

Thanks for your response; I think I need to better explain the situation. I
have a protected excel file posted to a SharePoint server and I want to make
sure that the users will be able to use the autofilters without having to
unprotect the file. So my idea was to write a macro that will execute on
openning of te file to enable the use of AutoFilters onn a protected sheeet.

Thanks again

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

From help

This property returns True if the drop-down arrows are currently displayed.
You can set this property to False to remove the arrows, but you cannot set
it to True. Use the AutoFilter method to filter a list and display the
drop-down arrows.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Rafi" wrote in message
I have a protected sheet and would like the on Open event to enable the use
of Autofilters however, my code produces the following resullt

For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.AutoFilterMode = True
Next

Run-Time Error 1004, Application defined or object defined error

Thanks