Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Keenan Hansen[_2_] Keenan Hansen[_2_] is offline

Default Return Max Value of given Variables

I'm currently sending the variable values to the sheet and then comparing any
irregularities against the set's Mode. I would rather have this run in the
code and not be present in any of the sheet's real estate.

i.e.
x=2
y=2
z=3
Dim Greatest as String
Greatest = 'code returns "z" as greatest value
msgbox (Greatest) & "is the greatest variable",0,"Variable Info"

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You would have to compare one against the other. You could use an array
instead and use the worksheet MAX function on it.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Keenan Hansen" <Keenan wrote in message
I have ten variables in my code, and I need to return which variable is the
highest, and what its name is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.