Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] turbonate@gmail.com is offline

Default Timestamping

On Mar 3, 12:52 pm, ktoth04 wrote:
Hi, I would like to timestamp my document as follows
In one instance, I would like to insert a timestamp in M# whenever it moves
from all the cells in that row being blank to all but one of them being blank
(first instance of a record in this row). I would also like to remove the
timestamp if everything in the row besides M# again becomes blank.

In the 2nd instance, I would like to update N# whenever anything in the row
is updated, with a current timestamp. (ie, last edited date)

Any help?

Try looking for info on the countif() function to determine if there
are any non-blank cells.

I'd use the worksheet event: worksheet_changed(byval...)
then put an If statement in the event sub:
If target.column = # then

hope this gives you a good direction!
Cheers!
Nate