Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
scorman scorman is offline

Default User Defined Function

On Mar 3, 11:56 am, "Mike Middleton" wrote:
Stew Corman or scorman -

(1) Investigate the array-entered LINEST worksheet function for obtaining
regression coefficients (either in worksheet cells or in a VBA routine).

(2) Observe the usual cautions about overfitting the data (which might occur
using a fourth-order polynomial).

- Mike Middletonhttp://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

So, Mike, if I read you correctly, you claim that the coefficients
generated by LINEST could then be passed into VBA equation of the form
y=b + a1x+a2x^2 etc ...
interesting approach, thx ..I'll look into that possibility

Stew