Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] paul.robinson@it-tallaght.ie is offline

Default 2007 Macro's Painfully slow

Hi
Try sprinkling your code with the line

DoEvents

It speeded up some Excel charting for me in 2007 (from a situation
where the chart would simply not update without it). I think anything
happening to the GUI is very slow in 2007, so deleting columns would
be a problem??
Does anyone not dislike Vista and Excel 2007???
regards
Paul

On Mar 3, 8:28*am, Dennis wrote:
Thanks for the help, what do you class shapes as? *Fill colors?
That is the only thing, my dataset has other than ordinairy letter and
numbers.
I just did some timing, and it takes 1 minute and 49 seconds to delete 4
individual columns and set the width of 4 columns. *Seems excessive to me.....
Faster to do it by hand.

"Jim Rech" wrote:
I've found that macros take about twice as long, best case, in Excel 2007.
But then I've seen some macros, particularly ones that manipulate "shapes",
become almost unusably slow. *I think this is the way Excel 2007 is and not
the result of some setting.

--
Jim
"Dennis" wrote in message
I have 2 or 3 macros that I created in Excel 2003 that worked great....
When I upgraded to Excel 2007, the macros all slowed to a snails crawl.....
I tried recreating them using Excel 2007, but no different.
I was wondering if there are security settings that need to be changed to
let the macros run faster....My macros run, just very very slowly.- Hide quoted text -