Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ragnar Midtskogen Ragnar Midtskogen is offline

Default Strange problem with spreadsheet

Hello,

I have a VB6 application that parses each of 4 sheets an Excel workbook
looking for an "x" in column 1.
If an "x" is found the row is copied to the corresponding sheet in another
workbook, and the row is deleted.
The data in the sheets is added from a set of 4 text files every day. An
operator looks at the sheets and marks the rows which has been processed
with an "x"
This operation is run every morning by a Windows Scheduled Task.
This has been running now for over two years without any problems, until
last week when the application seems to not find any "x"es in the first
column in the last sheet.
The other three sheets are still processed correctly.
I have tried a lot of things, like cleaning out the offending sheet and
copying and pasting data from the lates copy of the workbook, no luck.
I got hold of a copy of the workbook from before the problem occurred,
cleaned it out and copied the curent data over, still no luck.
The only thing that works is to clean the workbook and start with no rows.
New rows added from text files and marked with "x"es are processed
correctly.
Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause of this strange behavior?
Any help would be appreciated.

Ragnar