Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Hyperlinks imported into Excel

Are you sure things aren't working right? The formula looks good and should
work. Could it be that the cells simply aren't displaying as a hyperlink
(blue underlined text)? If you click the cell initially, does the link work
or not? Should even if not displayed as blue underlined text. If it's just
an appearance thing, you can select them all and set to blue and underlined.

"MarkB" wrote:

I have a CRM system that allows me to export information into excel. As a
part of the export process I'm having the program generate what I hoped was a
active hyperlink back to the specif record in the host application. I'm using
the "HYPERLINK" function but it doesn't result in displaying the active
hyperlink in the target cells. After export in excel I need to format the
cells to general and then to select each cell and hit enter in the formula
bar to convert it to a hyperlink. Way too tedeous! Is there a short cut or
macro that could do this conversion for me? Or is there a way that I could
set up the export routine logic differently? Below is an example of what is
exported in excel...

=HYPERLINK("https://na2.salesforce.com/0064000000907ry", "WRS - SOSCOE
Studio - Eng Serv for LOCI 2.1 / LOS-SE 5.0 (March)")

Thanks for your help!

MarkB