Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default XL2007, Selection.Delete deletes more than the selection

Hi Brian -

Consider it confirmed. I have routines that work only on the selected charts
on a worksheet, but if there are multiple charts, and I select more than
one, then all charts are processed. VBA apparently cannot distinguish
unselected from selected charts in 2007.

The workaround is that, if I also select a drawing object (a shape), my
routines can once again distinguish between selected and unselected charts.
However, I haven't figured out programmatically how to add a shape to the
selected items, without the selection picking up the unselected charts.

I think I've reported this as a bug. I'll check, and if I haven't I will do
so.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"xlrotor" wrote in message
If I hold down the shift key and click on some, but not all, of the
embedded charts on a worksheet, and go the VBA and do
Selection.Delete, ALL the charts are deleted.

I am using xl2007SP1

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

In any earlier excel version, of course, only the selected charts are
deleted.

Is this a known problem with Excel 2007? If so, I think it's a
serious one.

Brian Murphy