Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rpettis31 Rpettis31 is offline

Default Look up file by date/time stamp.

How would I open a file by the date and or time stamp on the file?

Occassionally I receive a downloaded file that is in a text format
These files are received daily 2x a day. The filename is typically.
GEN-filename-month-day-year-random number.txt

I believe the easiest technique is to open a file with these parameters is
to open with GEN-filename-* {asterix being a wild card} and then look for the
time date stamp to pull the newest file.

Thanks