Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default simple nested loop question

hi
here is some do nothing code that illistrates how a nested loop works. maybe
you can use it as an example
Sub coloritup()
Dim r As Range
Set r = Range("A1") 'start row
For n = 1 To 7
For Each cell In Range(r, r.Offset(0, 3))
cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
Next cell
Set r = r.Offset(1, 0) 'drop down 1 row
Next n
End Sub

regards
FSt1

"fedude" wrote:

I was hoping to have the loop move me down a row.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

for i = 1 to whatever step 18
do your thing
next i

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"fedude" wrote in message
I have a range that is a single row A1..Z1. I need to loop through this
range interrogating every cell in this range and if true, then write a
number
in the corresponding cell in a similarly sized array (A3..Z3). I think I
know how to do this, but then I need to move the destination down one row
(A4..Z4) and repeat. I need to drop down a row 18 times.

So I need a nested loop, but I don't know how to increment the destination
in the outer loop.

noob