Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default simple nested loop question

You weren't very clear and I guess I misunderstood

for i = 1 to 18
if cells(i,"a")="noob" then do whatever
next i

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"fedude" wrote in message
I was hoping to have the loop move me down a row.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

for i = 1 to whatever step 18
do your thing
next i

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"fedude" wrote in message
I have a range that is a single row A1..Z1. I need to loop through
this
range interrogating every cell in this range and if true, then write a
number
in the corresponding cell in a similarly sized array (A3..Z3). I think
know how to do this, but then I need to move the destination down one
row
(A4..Z4) and repeat. I need to drop down a row 18 times.

So I need a nested loop, but I don't know how to increment the
destination
in the outer loop.

noob