Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Optimization challenge

the ultimate team

How do you define that then?

RBS

"Spreadsheet Solutions" wrote in message
I have a cycling management game in which cyclists (column A) score points
(column B) and cost money (column C).
After every stage I want to know what the ultimate team of 10 point
scoring cyclists is with the constraint that
the team of 10 may not cost more than 10.000.

I know quit well what Excel is capable of, but I am no maths expert.
What is the best apporach and does anybody have an idea.
Should I be using the solver, goal-seek or making a complex macro ?

Thanks in advance;

Mark Rosenkrantz
Spreadsheet Solutions
Netherlands