Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_2_] Nigel[_2_] is offline

Default Scrolling Charts with scrollbar

Thank you

Nigel

"Andy Pope" wrote in message

You need to code in the Scroll event

Private Sub ScrollBar1_Scroll()

' update code here

End Sub

Of course if you use named ranges then no code is required.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Scrolling.htm

Cheers
Andy

Nigel RS wrote:
I have range of time series data on a worksheet from which I display 12
months in a chart. I have added a scrollbar to allow the user to scroll
through the data, moving forward or backwards as required. All works as
expected. But I wish to improve it further.

If I click the scroll arrows the change event moves my data view by +/- 1
month, which is exactly what I want.

If I click and drag the scroll box, the scroll or change events only
occur when the mouse is released. What I would like is for the chart to
be updated as the scrollbar is moved, without releasing the mouse. Not
sure this is possible in VBA, can anyone help?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info