Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SteveDB1 SteveDB1 is offline

Default activecell.offset question

Hi all.
I'm tinkering with an idea for a macro and was able to create the following.
-----------------
For i = 0 To 30
Selection.Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(rowoffset:=4, columnoffset:=0).Activate
ActiveSheet.Paste
Next i
End
--------------------
It's supposed to copy an initial merged cell with contents, and then jump
down to the next merged cell group (each merged cell group is 2 rows, 1
column).
It runs for 30 iterations, and then stops.
When I tried it I noticed that starting with row 25, it jumps one row, does
the two row paste, jumps a row, does two, etc... out to the 30 iteration end.
i.e.,
copy rows 1/2, jumps two rows, pastes 5/6, jumps to 9/10 & pastes, jumps two
rows & pastes... etc.. out to rows 21/22. Then at row 25, it jumps over that,
and pastes every 5th row.
What have I done wrong?
The code you see above is exactly what I'm running.