Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default save as .xls (97-03 format) with code

remember that xl07 has the 4 digit file extension and xl03 has only 3 digits.
I believe what you are seeing is the built in warning system to let you know
that you might be doing something you don't want to do.
"JNW" wrote:

I've got some code that closes a code generated workbook and saves during the
close.

Workbooks(Workbooks.Count).Close _
savechanges:=True, _
Filename:=FName & "Myfile.xls"

FName is the folder location.

When running the code in xl2007 the code generated/closed/saved files can
only be opened in xl2007.

When running the code in xl2003 the files can be opened in both 07 and 03,
but when opening in 2007 there is a warning message first.

Has anyone seen this? and more importantly, does anyone know how to remedy it?

Thanks,
--
JNW