Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Highlighting part of a cell contents in Excel 2003

The following would change the 3rd and 4th characters of
a string to red font. If the characters are number data type,
this code fails.

Sub clrfnt()
Sheets(1).Range("A1").Characters(3, 2) _
.Font.ColorIndex = 3
End Sub

"Gregg" wrote:

I have values in cells A1:A10 expressed thusly: A1= 23_47
A2= 37_9
etc.. I would like to write code that will highlight individual
numbers in the cells A1:A10 that are greater than 32 and
less than 101. In cell A1 "47" would be highlighted, in cell
A2 "37" would be highlighted. Red can be the highlight color.
Gregg