Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ForeverDad ForeverDad is offline

Default How to read workbook (not worksheet) properties with OLEDB

I am attempting to read a workbook's properties such as Date1904. I
have confirmed that property is not in the individual worksheets.
Using brute force I discovered the flag in byte 765 of some .XLS
files, but I presume that the location is undocumented and unreliable
across all current and future versions of Excel. I need to verify
that 4 year offset (1462 days) but have no idea how to view workBOOK
properties with OLEDB.

I know I could open the Excel Workbook Object as an Application, but I
am running this on a web server and opening an instance of Excel isn't
scalable - it takes a couple seconds each time to open. Is there
another way to get the workbook properties using OLEDB such as the
flag for Date1904? Thanks!