Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default disable shape resizing or moving

You could protect the worksheet (manually, or by VBA code) then use
some macro code that would temporarily unprotect the sheet just to
refresh the pivot table. Hey, this is the programming newsgroup after
all :-)

Here's a thread on another board showing just how to do that:
http://tinyurl.com/2pobmj

HTH,
JP

On Feb 28, 8:53 pm, ann wrote:
Hi Tigoda,

I did your suggection but the shapes are still selectable using this method:
right click the object and select it again... they can even copy or delete
it...
is there any more ways you can suggest? thank you so much...

also I did the " do you mean right click format object Properties tab
don't move or resize with cells button" it didn't work either... please
help me out...
i really need this thing.. ive search so much but all i saw was to use sheet
protection..but even that i cannot use because i have a pivot table in the
sheet that requires refreshing...

i am using excel 2003.. if incase theres a version issue :) thank you so
much :)
your help is greatly appreciated.