Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MadZebra MadZebra is offline

Default Excel 2007 Add-in with VSTO

Yes I could, but unfortunately the requirement is for an add-in.
All the web pages I have found say this is straightforward, but when I do as
they say it doesn't work!
Maybe it's because I'm using VS2008, I don't know.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Could you do it in VBA? Generally it's much simpler.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"MadZebra" wrote in message
I need to write an add-in for Excel 2007, but I'm a total noob to VSTO so
please forgive the dumb question. Unfortunately I can't find any demos
showing how to do what I want.
I started a new Excel 2007 add-in project and added a public function to
the
base class, so I would expect to be able to call that function from an
Excel
cell (e.g. =MyFunction(1,2,3) ).
Obviously this is an incorrect expectation because it doesn't appear in
the
function list, so what exacly am I doing wrong?

Really appreciate all your help.