Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Cell Selection via input box

Otto's suggestion is good if you want to Select a range and then run some
code. If you want to Select the range via user input within the code, then:

Sub sistence()
Set r = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="select range with mouse", Type:=8)
r.Select
Gary''s Student - gsnu200771

"JTech" wrote:

Would it be possible to use a vba input box to do the cell selection?
For example could I use it to pick c1 through c3?

If not is it possible to select cells b1 through b4 (cells that
contain amounts) and then put something like received in the
corresponding c1 through c4 cells? I am trying to find a way to
automate this very time consuming inventory task. See wishful example
below:

I would like to select the cells that have the amounts 1 and 4 in
them and run macro/vba code that would fill in the corresponding
cells with Text Like "Received".

Amounts Status
1 Received
4 Received
6 Received
7

Highlighting them allows me to see the total in the Sum Area of Excel.
Once I have selected the amount of Items that I know have come in, I
would activate the Macro.