Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GorKo GorKo is offline

Default Using Excel for Billing

I use Vlookup function in my business for this task. You need to have
a list of your items with catalog numbers in leftmost column and
desription and prices in following columns.

Geegee

Paul wrote:
Hi,

I run a small business selling various lab related equipment. I would
like to use Excel for my billing, and would like the following:

I want to be able to enter a catalog number, and have the program
automatically enter the item name and price, based on that catalog
number. I thought of nesting multple IF functions within one formula,
but my catalog consists of over 100 items. What would be the most
efficient way of doing this?

Thanks,
Paul