Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Les[_8_] Les[_8_] is offline

Default Add a comment on cell content change with VBA

Hi Dave, yes that is what i am trying to do.

I am trying to put in the real comment as to who did the change.

Is there a way to do this ??

On Feb 28, 4:37*pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
The worksheet_change event should still fire.

I bet you're trying to unprotect the worksheet, add the comment (a real comment
or just text in a different cell????), then reprotect the worksheet.

If that's correct, then you've seen that you can't change the worksheet
protection of a shared workbook.

Les wrote:

Hello all, i have a spreadsheet that is protected and shared. When the
user logs in it "unlocks" a certain range of cells for him to update.
I would like to insert a comment when he/she updates the cell, but the
worksheet "Change" function does not work if it is shared & protected.
Is there a way around this ??

--

Dave Peterson