Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] paul.robinson@it-tallaght.ie is offline

Default Worksheet_Change Event Strange Behaviour

Hi
is Application.EnableEvents = True in the right place? Is the code
below it firing the change event?
regards
Paul

On Feb 27, 10:06*am, Sugih wrote:
Hi,

I have been cracking my head to solve this problem for few days to no avail.
hopefully someone can help me.
I have 1 cell with drop down list, when the user enter a value that is not
in the list, they'll get an error (set from Data Validation). If they enter a
correct value, the message will be displayed from Worksheet_Change event
below.

It's all fine if they always enter the correct value but when they enter the
wrong value and correct it afterwards *(Excel will ask if they want to try
again), the Worksheet_Change event will run twice. When the user enter the
wrong value twice, the event will run 4 times (it doubles the number).

Dim c
Dim x
Dim rng As Range
Dim vRow As Double
Dim sPrn As String
Dim currCell As Range
'Dim OldVal
Dim lngFound

On Error GoTo errWorksheet_Change
With Target
* * If .Count = 1 Then
* * * * 'Change printer
* * * * If Not Intersect(.Cells, Range("C5")) Is Nothing Then
* * * * * * Application.EnableEvents = False
* * * * * * If .Cells < "" Then
* * * * * * * * Application.ActivePrinter =
Worksheets("Main").Cells(rowPrinter, 3).Value & " on LPT1:"
* * * * * * * * MsgBox Application.ActivePrinter & " is activated!"
* * * * * * Else
* * * * * * * * MsgBox "No barcode printer is available!"
* * * * * * End If
* * * * * * Application.EnableEvents = True
* * * * End If
continue......