Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sugih Sugih is offline

Default Worksheet_Change Event Strange Behaviour

Hi,

I have been cracking my head to solve this problem for few days to no avail.
hopefully someone can help me.
I have 1 cell with drop down list, when the user enter a value that is not
in the list, they'll get an error (set from Data Validation). If they enter a
correct value, the message will be displayed from Worksheet_Change event
below.

It's all fine if they always enter the correct value but when they enter the
wrong value and correct it afterwards (Excel will ask if they want to try
again), the Worksheet_Change event will run twice. When the user enter the
wrong value twice, the event will run 4 times (it doubles the number).

Dim c
Dim x
Dim rng As Range
Dim vRow As Double
Dim sPrn As String
Dim currCell As Range
'Dim OldVal
Dim lngFound

On Error GoTo errWorksheet_Change
With Target
If .Count = 1 Then
'Change printer
If Not Intersect(.Cells, Range("C5")) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
If .Cells < "" Then
Application.ActivePrinter =
Worksheets("Main").Cells(rowPrinter, 3).Value & " on LPT1:"
MsgBox Application.ActivePrinter & " is activated!"
Else
MsgBox "No barcode printer is available!"
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
continue......