Jon Peltier

There's no native way to achieve this. Excel forces you to set the
overall plot area width, including all the axis decorations, and you
have to let the inner dimensions go wherever they go. This is the
opposite of what any user wants, but that's Excel.

I've done this with code, and it's not particularly reliable, though
it's usually within a pixel or so. I've also done this by hiding the
Excel axes and inserting my own using a dummy series to provide the
tickmarks and labels, but this is an awful lot of work to set up.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

James Martin wrote:

I have two area charts. One is above the other on the page.

I want to keep their respective y-axis lined up with one another but I
cannot figure out how to do this.

The data that the charts show is unknown to me and can change so I
can't just set the fonts on the axis because at times the labels on the
y axis may be a single digit and at other times it may be three or
more.

Is there any ways to set the size allowed for axis labels in pixels or
some other measurement?

Any help would be appreciated.

James