Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default Request for Help in Developing a Macro for a Billing Application

When you say that columns M & N may have multiple billing code entries within
each cell, how are they formatted? What separates or distinguishes each
billing code?

Hutch

"Steve" wrote:

I am looking for help in developing a billing application macro. I have a
spreadsheet with records in rows. At the end of rows are three columns with
cells that may have multiple billing code entries within each cell. For
example, Column M may have three billing codes, and column N may have four.
So in combining both columns, a total of seven records need to be created,
including the original one.

In essence, what the user has requested is to take each of those billing
elements, create distinct rows for each one and then copy the remaining
elements from the exisiting cells in the row to each of the newly created
records.

If this doen't make sense, I would be happy to explain in more detail to any
interested party.

Steve Belville
Clinical Information Systems Trainer