Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BobR BobR is offline

Default Activating Outlook files and importing data from within Excel

Hello,

I'm using both 2003 and 2007 Outlook and Windows XP Pro. I have a particular
worksheet, in Excel, named DataSheet and I update this document daily to
retrieve new information. It is organized in a database format and a friend
is writing some code to select specific columns of data and import it into
outlook Contacts so we can use it for journaling.

My problem is this: Is there a way in Excel to trigger an operation in
Outlook to open the contacts file and then run a macro to merge this data
with the Outlook files. I've done some with code before in Excel/Word
combination and it worked as expected.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Bob Reynolds