Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trevor Williams Trevor Williams is offline

Default copy csv worksheet to xls book using vba/vbs

Hi Anthony

Here's a very basic version of what you're looking to do.
With File2.xls open, tt opens the CSV file and copies the data sheet to the
end of the XLS file.

'Change file names and directory name accordingly
Sub CopyCSVdata()
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\File1.csv"
Sheets("File1sheet").Copy After:=Workbooks("File2").Sheets.Count
End Sub

HTH
Trevor Williams

" wrote:

Hello all,

I've been searching the web and posts for almost 4 weeks and can't
seem to find what I need. Please forgive me I'm new to programming
with VBA/VBS.

Basically I have file #1 <file1.csv which contains a result set
created by another application. What I'd like to do is use a script
to copy the values from sheet1 (or the whole sheet would be fine) into
file #2 <file2.xls so users can run formulas, vlookups, etc. without
having to access a separate file (and leave the original data
untouched).

Is there an efficient way to do this with vba or vbs? It seems easy
enough but I can't put my finger on it.

Thanks,
-ab