Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] anthony.buss@gmail.com is offline

Default copy csv worksheet to xls book using vba/vbs

Hello all,

I've been searching the web and posts for almost 4 weeks and can't
seem to find what I need. Please forgive me I'm new to programming
with VBA/VBS.

Basically I have file #1 <file1.csv which contains a result set
created by another application. What I'd like to do is use a script
to copy the values from sheet1 (or the whole sheet would be fine) into
file #2 <file2.xls so users can run formulas, vlookups, etc. without
having to access a separate file (and leave the original data
untouched).

Is there an efficient way to do this with vba or vbs? It seems easy
enough but I can't put my finger on it.

Thanks,
-ab