Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Insert a quote mark, then repeat

If by labels you mean text, then the easy way is just to fromate the entire
range as text. You numbers will still look like numbers but will have a
string data type. You can do that from the menu by first selecting the
range you want to format, the click FormatCellsTextOK. You can also use
in VBA:

ActiveSheet.Range("A1:A50").NumberFormat = "Text"

If it is necessary to change the format while the code is running. You can
specify any size range with code up to the entire sheet.

"sam" wrote:

Hi -

This used to be so easy in Lotus!

I want to convert values to labels in a column of 50 cells. Best way to do
so is to insert a quote mark at the beginning of every cell. Attempted to
create a relative macro to do so by: F2 (edit) R1C1\Home\' \Stop. Assigned it
Control Q. Since I have no clue how to make a macro repeat (downwards), I
thought I would just arrow down to the next cell manually, and then Control Q.

All this "brilliant" macro did was copy the contents of R1C1 to R2C1.

I miss Lotus. Sigh..

Thanks to anyone who helps! Tried to search this, BTW.

sam