Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Efficiency Module Sequence in a Project feb08

Neal,
Standard modules are sorted alphabetically by name in the VBE.
Perhaps you are looking at the modules behind each sheet instead of standard
modules which are created by using Insert | Module?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Neal Zimm"
wrote in message
HI All,
I'm a beginning developer for my first, and a pretty big addin. (over
100 modules) Perhaps you can save me some time in putting a timer on what's
below.

I've noticed that the physical sequence of modules is as you insert them
into the project and not by how you name them. I have NO clue how Excel
accesses the modules and the macros within them.

Within a month, I'll be moving the code to a "QA" project .xla file and
will have the chance to resequence the top to bottom module order.

best practices, are there significant efficiencies to be gained if:
1. Global public variables, record types, are in the modules at "the top" ?

2. The most used Sub's and Functions are in the "earlier" modules ?

3. Should Public Type XXXXX be in the same module as the code which uses
them the most, or doesn't it matter ? (That's where they are now to use the
"split screen" function of the VBA editor.)

Other tips would be appreciated.
Thanks
--
Neal Z