Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to disable activex controls & code on saving a new workbook.XL2003

If you're using code to do the copy|paste special|values and saveAs, maybe you
can add something to the code to disable, hide or delete the object.

Maybe something like one of these:

ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1").CommandButton1.E nabled = False
'or
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1").CommandButton1.V isible = False
'or
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1").CommandButton1.C ut

Guv wrote:

Please can anyone help me?
I have created a form that uses activex controls and some code. The
form is then saved as a read only file and some cells in the range are
pasted as values.
I know the form is read only but I would like to disable the controls
and code purely to keep the read only "clean".
I am very green using VBA so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Guv.

--

Dave Peterson