Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default "Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible"

The other option is to retrieve a recent backup version of the file. The
risk is that whatever happened to corrupt the file may already have
occurred.

Another approach may be to save the file as HTML, then reopen it. I'm not
sure how faithful an HTML save is, however, and whether it saves intricate
features like controls or conditional formatting.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"AccessGuy" wrote in message
Good Afternoon,

I received a "Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were
not possible" error message when opening a workbook in Excel 2003

Article ID : 820712 had a workaround suggesting I use Excel 200 to
access the file which worked but I was wondering if anyone has come
across this error before and has a more permanent solution. Thank you
all in advance for any assistance offered.