Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brandon Arnieri Brandon Arnieri is offline

Default Adding/Removing Rows to Referenced Ranged in Worksheet

Hello,

I have an Excel workbook with many worksheets. The first worksheet (Sheet1)
will be need to be referenced in all other worksheets. This has been
straight-forward until i added a new row to the first worksheet. How could I
setup the workbook such that if I change/add/remove row from Sheet1, it will
do the same to the other worksheets without overwriting rows that are
appended below the referencing cells?

Please see example below. Thank you for any help and sorry if the
illustration below is overkill. I just wanted to make it clear as possible.

Brandon

To illustate, I have Sheet1 as follows:

Apple
Boat
Carpet
Dog

And, Sheet2 with cells referencing Sheet1 in parentheses:

(Apple)
(Boat)
(Carpet)
(Dog)
Event
Flag

And, Sheet3 again with cells referencing Sheet1 in parentheses:

(Apple)
(Boat)
(Carpet)
(Dog)
Giraffe
Hippo

Now, if I remove rows in Sheet1 to be:

Apple
Dog

Then, I'd like to have Sheet2 & Sheet3 to be, respectively:

(Apple)
(Dog)
Event
Flag

(Apple)
(Dog)
Giraffe
Hippo

Also, in addition, if I add rows to Sheet1 to be:

Apple
Boat
Carpet
Dog
Elephant

Then, Sheet2 & Sheet3 should be as follows:

(Apple)
(Boat)
(Carpet)
(Dog)