Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default Code to add a workbook the rename it

Thanks Jim and JL, that sheds some light on it.

Regards,
Howard

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote in message
Hi Excel users and experts

Excel 2002

From help I get the following to name a workbook. It errors out with a
yellow line. I tried the macro recorder but it give the file name and a
whole string of stuff I don't want using Save As.

Am I missing a menu item that will allow me to record a workbook name
change??? (The AutoFit is just part of the code to format a sheet)

Columns("A:K").Columns.AutoFit
Workbook.Names.Add Name:="The Newest"

Thanks,
Howard