Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Adrian Turner Adrian Turner is offline

Default Cancel Click on label control

John, thanks for your response. Setting enabled or locked makes no difference.
I'm trying to create a thumbnail menu system with hover over effects. I
basically have 3 layers. Layer 1 has one state of image. Layer 2 is the label
which is taller and wider then both the images and finally layer 3 the other
state of the image. With a small amount of code I have the effect I want, but
if they click the exposed area of the label it causes the problem I am
experiencing. Does not make sense. Have tried all the obvious things....
properties, focus, zorder etc I thought I would look at the event, expecting
the cancel to be easy. I could look at API's but there must be a way to do it
in excel, surely ?

Thanks Again

Adrian

"John Bundy" wrote:

Have you tried going into properties and setting Enabled=Flase? That might do
it, i'm not sure if it will affect the look of the picture. Mine does not do
what you mentioned unless i misunderstood. xl2003
--
-John
is helpful.

"Adrian Turner" wrote:

I have a label on a worksheet (bordering an image placed on top). I want to
be able to cancel the click event. If the label is clicked it seems to bring
itself to the front. I have tried sending back etc , checking got focus...
nothing seems to work. I thought it would be simple, but...

Any help would be appreciated.

Adrian