Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Muttley Muttley is offline

Default Using a string as a formula (for an array)

Hi all,

I'm working with arrays within VB but would like the Excel user to be able
to specify basic formulas that can be used - i.e for each row, add column 1
to column 2 and store in column 3. Now, I have a way of converting the
"excel" formula to an "array" forumula in VB, however this formula is a text
string.

i.e. my entry in the third column is: "test_csv(1,1)+test_csv(1,2)" (as
text) whereas I want that to be the formula used and the entry to be the
result

is there anyway I can use this string to specify a formula?

Thanks in advance!