Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
scott[_12_] scott[_12_] is offline

Default Validating two lists.

Are you trying to use VLOOKUP to compare the Manual# in one list to
another? What is your existing formula trying?
ScottD

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:10:02 -0800, JMK
wrote:

Hi all,

First, here is how my sheets are set up:

Sheet 1

A B C D
Manual# Rev. Manual Type Rev. date

so for example
1 25 Manual 1 10/10/08
9 10 Manual 23 01/02/05
.
.
.

and on Sheet 2

A B C
Manual Type Rev. Revision Date.

so for example

1 26 01/08/08
2 1 12/12/07
.
.
.

Here is my problem. Im trying to create a formula that will compare the two
lists (Manual Name) and if they then check the revision numbers (Rev). If the
revision numbers match, then display True, and if they dont display false.
From there Im going to use a conditional format to display the inital cell as
either green or red, depending on if its true or false.

I would have thought an IF statement would have worked, but for some
reason it is always coming up wit either INVALID, #value or #name and Ive
spent the better part of the week trying to fix this one formula!

If it matters, I am working with 16 manual types and about 30 of each manual
that I want to check the revision numbers against!

Thanks ahead of time!