Troy S.

Default Matching cells that have unrelated information

Hello all,

I would greatly appreciate if someone could please asisst me with my issue.
I'm trying to figure out a way to pair up information in two cells with
different values. Please see example....

Col1(Ticker Client) Col2(Share Position) Col3(Ticker Company)
Col4(Par)
TKxxx 1,200.000 ^Tkuxx
1,200.000

What I'm trying to do is find a function, formula or macro that will allow
me to take the "client ticker" and pair it with the "companies ticker" so I
can make sure I don't have share variances to the client. The clients ticker
is always different from the companies ticker and I have thousands of
positions to reconcile. I tried sorting Col1 and then sorting Col3 but I
still have to many securities(tickers) that are not matched. Does anyone know
a functions that can match the companies info to the clients info other than
sorting? Please advise. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you