Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kristen Kristen is offline

Default Data Validation starts change event

I've thought this through and have been checkng the message boards some more.
I think if I could check the value of the cell that was changed and validate
if it is on the list (another worksheet in same workbook) and if it is launch
the macro. I am now having problems detrmining how to write if a cell equals
one of the values of another range of cells then launch the sub. If anyone
could help, I would appreciate it.
--
Thanks - K

"Kristen" wrote:

Hi - I currently have a change event for a column (D) with rows less than
500. I also use a data validation in that column for the end user to select
form a drop down list. Depending on their choice, more rows are inserted
below the drop down. I would like the end user to be able to manually add to
column D if they desire without the hcnage event starting.

Is there any way to restrict a change event to only occur when a choice is
selected from a data validation drop down list?
--
Thanks - K